Anna Cinzia Squicciarini
College of Information Sciences and Technology Pennsylvania State University
Research Activities and About:
I'm interested in investigating various aspects of data privacy, security and online societal problems. I use system techniques, as well as access control and machine learning, and a bit of game theory. To date, I work primarily on security topics related to data control, management and distribution/oversharing. My current specific research interests include:
My research is (or has been) funded by the National Science Foundation, Army Research Office, Hewlett-Packard, and a Google Research Award. In 2015 I was awarded an NSF CAREER AWARD to explore collective access control models and mechanisms in collaborative systems.
- Data Privacy, Access Control, Online Deviance and Privacy issues in Social Networks. This line of work is or has been supported by grants from NSF, AirForce, and Army Research Office. Couple of projects I am working on these days include Privacy and Self-Disclosure in Covid-19 and Extremist behavior in large scale datasets . "
- Access Control, Accountability and Verification of Computations in Cloud Environments (less emphasis these days).
To prospective students: I am always looking for self-motivated students who are interested in the area of data privacy and data driven security (particular emphasis on security and privacy in online environments). If you are interested, please e-mail me with your CV.Note for interested Cybercorps students: I coordinate with PI Dongwon Lee the Scholarship for Service program at Penn State. For more information please go to the PSU SFS website here.
To view my publications, please check out my (often outdated) publications page.
Students:I work and have worked with several bright students:
- Sushama Karumanchi now at Paypal Security!
- Prasanna Umar, PhD
- Mouraveed Bidgoli, PhD
- Feiran Jia, PhD
- Younes Karimi, PhD
Note for prospective students (AY 2019-2020):I am currently looking for graduate students interested in joining my research group. Strong technical skills (programming, database, machine learning, etc) and interest in exploring problems related to social networks privacy and security are preferred. Email me for inquiries.
Recent Program Committees and Conferences Organization:
- Program Committee Member: International Conference on Distributed Systems (ICDCS), 2020.
- Program Committee Member: ACM World Wide Web Conference(WWW), 2019
- Program Committee Member: ACM KDD, 2020
- Program Committee Member: PETS Symposium, 2019
- Program chair: ACM Sixth ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy (Codaspy) 2016.
More information about me can be found here