To apply for participation in the Doctoral Consortium,
(a) A letter from your advisor describing the state of your progress.
(b) A five (5) page paper in Word or PDF format, that
- Contains an extended abstract suitable for publication. The abstract is limited to 2500 total characters, including spaces and punctuation.
- Formulates the research question;
- Identifies the significant problems in the field of research;
- Outlines the current knowledge of the problem domain, as well as the state of existing solutions;
- Presents the proposed approach
- Briefly describes the research methodology that is being applied;
- Points out the contributions of the applicant to the solution of the problem, and states in what aspects the suggested solution is different, new, or better as compared to existing approaches to the problem;
- Presents preliminary results, if any; and
- Problems you would like the Consortium to address.
(c) Mail your submission and your advisor's letter electronically to Dr. Madhu Reddy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submissions are preferred for review purposes. If an electronic submission is not possible; please contact Dr. Reddy at +1-814-863-6316 to make other arrangements.
Submitted papers will be reviewed for originality, significance, technical soundness, accuracy, and clarity. Admission is limited to 10-12 doctoral students.
Accepted papers will have an extended abstract printed in the AMIA advance and onsite programs. The papers will also be listed on the Colloquium website.